Journey Accident Cover
We've got you covered. For free!
Accidents happen. And Workers’ Compensation no longer covers employees injured while travelling to and from work.
PSA members ARE covered for Journey Accidents travelling to and from work, including:
- Dropping off or picking up your children from day care or school
- Coffee, lunch breaks and other authorised breaks
- Participating in rehabilitation or training courses
Injured members can receive weekly payments of up to $1200, plus disability and death coverage up to $100,000.
You need extra protection. Don’t be caught short. Join now
Questions about Journey Accident Cover
1. How much does it cost?
It's free. As a financial member of the PSA/CPSU you are automatically covered.
2. What am I covered for?
Up to $1200 per week.
Depending on your weekly earnings, for up to 104 weeks while you are off work. Overtime is included for the first eight weeks.
3. Are work breaks covered?
Yes. Authorised breaks, including lunch and coffee/tea breaks, are fully covered.
4. Do I have to pay an excess?
No. You are covered from the date your Doctor issues a certificate.
5. Am I covered for motor vehicle accidents?
Yes, providing you are not injured while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
6. What should I do if I am injured?
See your doctor immediately. Always be sure to get a medical certificate and call the PSA/CPSU for a claim form.
7. What about my medical expenses?
No, these are not covered.
8. What happens if I am not a PSA/CPSU member?
You do not receive any benefits.
How it works
If you have an accident you must follow these important steps:
- Contact the PSA and ask for the Journey Accident Claims Officer
- Your claim will be assessed and where appropriate, the claim form will be sent to you
- Complete the claim form and return it to us
- The PSA will facilitate and resolve any problems with our insurer on your behalf